Pensacola, Florida – Chris H. Chambless, President of the Florida State Association of Supervisors of Elections, has appointed David H. Stafford, Escambia County Supervisor of Elections to the Military and Overseas Voting Assistance Task Force. Stafford is one of three Florida Supervisors of Elections appointed to the task force.
This task force will study issues involving the development and implementation of an online voting system that allows overseas uniformed services voters to electronically submit voted ballots.
The Task Force consists of the following 11 members:
• The Secretary of State or his or her designee, who is the chair of the Task Force
• The Adjutant General or his or her designee
• The executive director of the Agency for State Technology or his or her designee
• One member of the Senate appointed by the President of the Senate
• One member of the House of Representatives appointed by the Speaker of the House of Representatives
• Three supervisors of elections appointed by the Florida State Association of Supervisors of Elections
• Three individuals appointed by the Secretary of State, with relevant expertise in computers, the Internet, or other associated technologies
Stafford will be accompanied by Paul Lux, Okaloosa County Supervisor of Elections and Craig Latimer, Hillsborough County Supervisor of Elections as the three Florida State Association of Supervisors of Elections representatives.