Supervisor of Elections David H. Stafford today offered Escambia County voters some tips to prepare for Election Day, Tuesday, August 30:
• Confirm the location of your polling place prior to Election Day: It is listed on your sample ballot, voter information card, online at EscambiaVotes.com, or call 595-3900.
• If you are unsure of your registration status, check EscambiaVotes.com, e-mail us at [email protected], or call 595-3900.
• If you need to update your address, contact us prior to Election Day so you can be directed to your proper polling location.
• Photo and signature ID is required for all voters – if you do not present an approved form of ID, you may vote a provisional ballot.
• Be sure to review your sample ballot prior to Election Day in order to familiarize yourself with all of the contests and bring it with you to the polls. A sample ballot was mailed to all eligible voters, and you can view your sample ballot online at EscambiaVotes.com.
• Florida is a closed primary state. In a primary election, voters may only vote for candidates in their party of registration unless there is a universal primary contest, a nonpartisan contest, or other issue on the ballot.
• Remember to make only one selection per contest on your ballot.
• Registration books closed on August 1 – new registrations and party changes for this election may not be made at the polls.
• You may not return your completed vote-by-mail ballot to your precinct on Election Day – it must be returned to the Elections Office by 7 p.m.
• If you requested a vote-by-mail ballot but chose not to return it and wish to vote at your polling place instead, please bring your unvoted ballot package with you so it can be cancelled.
• Early voting ended Saturday – if you have not yet voted or did not request a vote-by-mail ballot by August 24, you must go to your designated precinct on Election Day.
• Busiest times at the polls tend to be 7:00 a.m. until 9:00 a.m., during lunch, and 4:30 p.m. until the polls close at 7:00 p.m.
For further information, please contact us by phone at (850) 595-3900, e-mail us at [email protected] or visit EscambiaVotes.com.